We provide a free 90 day guarantee on our used engines, however this warranty is not available on engines purchased for a commercial vehicle.
If you have problems with an engine or transmission once installed in your vehicle, you must notify us prior to removing the part from your vehicle. One of our skilled technicians will travel to your location where we will check the part, and identify the problem. If the part is removed from the vehicle before our technician verifies the problem, this 90 day guarantee on engines or your extended warranty will be void.
90 Day Guarantee on Engines Details and Limitations
- DO NOT remove the engine prior to contacting S&W Automotive.
- Used engines are guaranteed not to have a cracked block, head or bad crankshaft. External parts to the cylinder block and the cylinder head(s), such as the carburetor, distributor, or fuel pump, are not included in this warranty. These parts are left on the engine for the installer’s convenience. Used engines are guaranteed against rod knock, excessive smoking and oil consumption.
- We strongly recommend that you replace the rear main seal, inspect gaskets, and replace timing chain or belt (if applicable) prior to installation.
- You are responsible for changing oil, filter, and seals before installation.
- All parts on the engine at the time of sale must be returned with the core engine for core credit. All parts on the engine at the time of the sale must be returned to qualify for a refund. The engine must be in the same condition as the day of the sale to qualify for a refund.
- If heat tabs are removed or tampered with, or if the engine overheats, this 90 day guarantee on engines is void.